See also the other parts
- Project Round-Tripping
- How Search improves your productivity
- How the new Solution Explorer makes your life easier
A year ago Microsoft released the first preview of Visual Studio 11. Now we have the full RTM release available with a bunch of new features!
As we all know, Visual Studio is an enormous product. As developers we spend a lot of time using it and knowing your tools will really help you to speed up development. In this series of blogs I want to highlight some of the new features that I particularly like and that helped me speed up my development.
Lets start with….
Visual Studio 2010-2012 Project round-tripping
That’s over now with Visual Studio 2012! You can open a project in Visual Studio 2012, save it and then open it in Visual Studio 2010 without any problems. Your colleagues won’t even notice that you are suddenly running Visual Studio 2012 (but they will notice that you are getting more work done!)
Let’s do it!
- Create a new project (a console app for example) in Visual Studio 2010.
- Save and close the solution.
- Launch Visual Studio 2012 and open the solution.
- Make some changes to the code, save and close the solution.
- Open the project in Visual Studio 2010.